Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Would We Die For Jesus?

The apostle Paul caused a riot on several occasions among the Jews who did not want to hear what he was preaching. Paul valued his work for The Lord more than he valued his life.

There is a line in the song 'The Impossible Dream' which says "... to be willing to march into hell and fight for a heavenly cause ..." That phrase now seems to be an appropriate description of Paul. He wanted to go back to the city where they sought to kill him.

"And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there ... but none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy ..." Acts 20:22 & 24

What are you willing to die for? There are very few things that most of us are willing to die for. We might be willing to die for a wife, husband, our child, or our mother, but not to spread The Word of God.

Some men take jobs where they put their life on the line for others, soldiers, policemen, firemen, etc. Some of us would die for our principals. James Brown said in his song 'Say It Loud' that as a people, we would "... rather die on our feet, than keep living on our knees ..." Most of us do not hold that strong to what we believe.

Jesus died for us. The question is, 'Would we be willing to die for Jesus?'

No comments:

Post a Comment