Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Walk In The Light

It is much harder to 'walk the walk' than it is to 'talk the talk'.

"Blessed is the people that ... walk, O Lord, in The Light of Thy countenance. In Thy name shall they rejoice all day ..." Psalms 89:15-16

That is a blessing that I would love to enjoy. The song says, "Walk in The Light, the beautiful Light ..." I wish that I could keep my fleshly desires and sinful nature in subjection long enough that I could walk in The Light of the face of The Lord and rejoice all day long. I find that hard to do that continuously for an hour, not to even mention for a full day.

If we are honest with ourselves, we will admit that we don't walk in The Light very well. We frequently fall down and sin in our thoughts, words, or deeds.

Sometimes I feel like a toddler learning to walk, just a few steps then falling down. When I try to walk in The Light, I don't get very far before I have a sinful thought and fall. Yes, I pick myself back up and begin again to walk the walk of the Christian way.

My goal is to walk in The Light all day, every day, in heaven, but while I am down here the plan is to walk a little bit farther each time between the falls. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment