Wednesday, December 26, 2012

One Of David's Prayers That We Should Recite

"Show me Your ways, O LORD, teach me Your paths;  guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long.  Remember, O LORD, Your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to Your love remember me, for You are good, O LORD."  Psalms 25:4-7 (NIV)

King David was a sinner, and he knew that he was a sinner.  However, he confessed his sins, he asked for forgiveness and mercy, and he asked for God's help and guidance to do better.

David prayed, and he prayed often.  We could learn a lot from David.  We should learn some of his prayers, and commit them to memory so that we could recite them as easily as we do The Model Prayer which Jesus taught His disciples.  This is one such prayer.  It acknowledges our sins, it asks for mercy and forgiveness; and it asks for God to show us His ways, to teach us, and to guide us.  Without Him, we would be lost.  So, pray, and pray often.  Let us remember to thank God for what He has done and is doing, and for what He will do.  Let us ask Him to help us to sin less, to follow His Way, to read His Word, and to be more Christ-like in the future.  Not just during this holy day season, but to be more Christ-like throughout this upcoming year and for the rest of our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment