Monday, December 31, 2012

Only With Jesus Can You Be A New You In The New Year

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.  And I will put My Spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws."  Ezekiel 36:26-27 (NIV)

The Sovereign LORD spoke to the prophet Ezekiel and told him to tell the people of Israel that because He is who He is, He will clean them up, forgive their sins, give them a new heart and a new spirit.  He will replace their hard hearts and give them the desire to keep His Laws and follow His Word.

The only way to become a truly new and better person in the new year is if God changes you.  Only with The Spirit of God within us will we have the desire to do His will.  And, only if we submit ourselves to Him, will we be able to resist the devil and his temptations, cause him to flee from us, and allow us to have and enjoy a much better life. (James 4:7)  The LORD God appeared to King Solomon, after he had built the temple, and said "If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)  The only way that we can be sure of a better life in the upcoming year is if we submit to Christ.  If you want a different outcome next year, then you must do something differently.  Believe and submit, while you have the time.  May God grant you a blessed and joy filled new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment