Tuesday, March 20, 2012

We Can Handle Anything With Christ

"... For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13 (NIV)

The Apostle Paul is stating that he has learned to be satisfied with what he has. He has seen good times and bad times, and he has learned to deal with both extremes, poverty and prosperity. He gives God credit for giving him the strength to deal with all situations.

In this life we need to be able to adapt to ever changing situations and circumstances. With life comes many ups and downs, and we need to pray to God for the strength to handle them and persevere with a positive attitude. We cannot control what happens to us, but we can control how we respond to whatever. With God's help, we can respond in a Christ-like manner to all of the challenges that life brings our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment