Thursday, March 15, 2012

Don't Be Grieved Or Embittered God Is WIth You

"When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before You. Yet I am always with You; You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will take me into glory ... My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:21-26 (NIV)

After noting that sometimes the wicked seem to have prosperity and a good life, the psalmist was upset, then he recognizes that God has a plan for the wicked, and a plan for him. He then confesses his sins, repents of his foolishness, and acknowledges that God has kept him, guided him, and been his strength.

Rather than worrying about that which others have, we should be thankful for that which God has blessed us with. Even when we sin and ignore Him, He is always with us. When things appear to be going wrong, He holds our hand and guides us through the storms of life. When we are weak, God is our strength. We need to repent of our sins, recognize, and be thankful for our blessings. And one of these days He will take us home to be with Him in glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment