Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Blessedness Of Answered Prayer

"To You, O Lord, I called; to The Lord I cried for mercy ... Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me; O Lord, be my help." You turned my wailing into dancing; You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to You and not be silent. O Lord, my God, I will give You thanks forever." Psalms 30:10-12 (NIV)

With a renewed perspective after a near death experience (Psalms 30:3) and a period of arrogance (Psalms 30:6), David recognizes that "all he is and all he has is due to God's unmerited grace." (John MacArthur) Here David expresses thanks to God for answering his prayers and blessing him.

Only God can turn our situations around and take us sickness to health, from "wailing" to "dancing", from sorrow to joy. We ought to recognize when God has answered our prayers and be thankful. We may not have all that we asked for, and we ask for a lot, but God has blessed us and given us some to the things that we asked for, in addition to some things that we did not mention, and we should give Him thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment