Monday, March 19, 2012

Teach Me To Walk In Your Way Lord

"Teach me Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever." Psalms 86:11-12 (NIV)

There are five prayers recorded in Psalms, (Psalms 17, 86, 90, 102, & 142), and this Psalm is one of David's prayers. It includes a petition, adoration, thanksgiving, but it omits the confession of any specific sin. It is a personal prayer, not an intercessory prayer for others. David wants God's help. He wants God to hear him, protect him, save him, and have mercy on him. He also wants God to "teach" him to walk in God's way.

Pray, "Teach me Your way, O Lord." Don't assume that you know what He wants you to do and that you know how to do it. We cannot walk with God without His help. "Ask The Savior to help you, comfort, strengthen, and keep you. He is willing to aide you, He will carry you through."

No comments:

Post a Comment