Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blessings Come To Those Who Bless Others

"I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." Genesis 12:2-3 (NIV)

Abraham, the father of the faithful, was obedient when God told him to leave his homeland without telling where he was going. God said that He would bless him. God also said that He would bless the people who blessed Abraham, and that all of the people on earth would be blessed through him.

The genealogy of Jesus on earth can be linked to Abraham. That is how all of the people on earth were blessed through Abraham. When God said, "I will bless those who bless you ...", He was clearly talking to Abraham. However, I think this also applies to us today. That would be consistent with Proverbs 11:25, "...and he that watereth shall be watered also himself." (KJV) or "...he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." (NIV) He that blesses others shall himself be blessed. God will bless those who are a blessing to you and He will bless you for being a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment