Thursday, January 19, 2017

THE LORD GOD IS WORTHY OF OUR PRAISE

Proclamation:
“I love You, Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I called to The Lord, who is worthy of praise …”  Psalm 18:1-3 (NIV)

Explanation:
This psalm is a song which was written under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God by King David and sung by him after The Lord had delivered him the hands of his enemies and from King Saul. (2 Samuel 22:1)  It is a psalm of thanksgiving which David begins and ends with giving praises to God. (Psalm 18:49-50)  He expressed his love as both a tender intimacy and a strong devotion to The Lord.  He knows that it is God who protects him, and for this he gives God praise.  David sings about his personal delivery by the hand of God. (Psalm 18:16-18)  He also sings about the victory which God gave him over his enemies. (Psalm 18:37-45)

Application:
As believers we love The Lord.  Even though at times we act like disobedient children, we still love The Lord.  It is in Him that we live, move, and have our very being. (Acts 17:28)  Without the breath of life that comes from Him, we would not exist. (Genesis 2:7)  The Lord God is the source of our strength (Psalm 27:1, Psalm 28:7, Psalm 118:14, and Isaiah 12:2) and our shelter in the time of storms.  He has already granted us the victory over our enemies and the evils of this world. (1 Corinthians 15:57 and 1 John 5:4)  Because of who He is and what He has done, The Lord God is worthy of our praise and worship.


No comments:

Post a Comment