Saturday, January 28, 2017

PRAY THEN HAVE FAITH AND BEHAVE LIKE IT IS ALREADY DONE

Proclamation:
“Praise be The Lord, for He has heard my cry for mercy.  The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me.  My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him.”  Psalm 28:6-7 (NIV)

Explanation:
The words of this psalm were written by King David under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God.  In the first half of this psalm David prays and petitions The Lord. (Psalm 28:1-5)  In the second half of the psalm he offers thanksgiving to The Lord for hearing him and helping him. (Psalm 28:6-9)  David realized how dependent he was upon God’s help, and he knew what would happen to him if God did not help him so he cried out for mercy. (Psalm 28:1-2)  Then he praised The Lord God for hearing and answering his prayer and for helping him before his situation had changed. (Psalm 28:6-7)  After which he prays and asks for blessings for the people of God, for their safety and provisions.

Application:
In times of crises, as believers we ought to display more confidence in The Lord.  After we pray and ask Him something, we ought to demonstrate our faith in Him by acting as though we know that He heard our prayer and that which we asked for is already done, the blessing is on the way.   As believers we know that our strength and help comes from The Lord, and we ought to be joyful, thankful, and give Him praise.  Only The Lord God can turn the sorrow of His saints into songs of praise, and turn trials into triumph.


No comments:

Post a Comment