Monday, January 16, 2017

I WILL KEEP MY EYES ALWAYS ON THE LORD

Proclamation:
“I will praise The Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.  I keep my eyes always on The Lord.  With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”  Psalm 16:7-8 (NIV)

Explanation:
The words of this psalm were written under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God by King David.  He begins this psalm with a prayer because he puts his trust in The Lord.  He knows that all he has comes from The Lord. (Psalm 16:5-6)  He knows that it is The Lord who counsels and instructs him as he leads the people of God.  He states that he will keep his focus on The Lord.  He also knows that if he walks God’s way no harm will come to him and for this he praises The Lord.  He is glad and rejoices because he knows that he is safe and secure in the presence of The Lord. (Psalm 16:9-11)

Application:
We know that as believers we are safely in the hands of God and that He is our refuge and our strong tower.  We trust Him to take care of us now and in the future because He has taken care of us in the past.  If we follow His Word and listen to His counsel and instruction we will never go wrong.  We will only sink into sin when we take our focus off of Him.  We should praise God and rejoice for what He has done, is doing, and will do for us.  For we cannot even begin to imagine the good things which The Lord has in store for us in the future. (Isaiah 64:4 and 1 Corinthians 2:9)


No comments:

Post a Comment