Wednesday, June 27, 2012

In Whom Do You Put Your Trust?

Do not trust a neighbor; put no confidence in a friend. Even with her who lies in your embrace be careful of your words. For a son dishonors his father, a daughter rises up against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; a man's enemies are the members of his own household. But as for me, I watch in hope for The Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, The Lord will be my light. Because I have sinned against Him, I will bear The Lord's wrath, until He pleads my case and establishes my right. He will bring me out into the light; I will see His righteousness." Micah 7:5-9 (NIV)

Even in the sad state that he finds himself in, and the rebellious state of God's people, the prophet Micah warns the people not to put their trust in man, friend or family. He states that he will put his trust in The Lord. He admits that he has also done wrong, and that he must give an account for his sins. He knows that he has a whipping coming for his sins, but he also knows that he is a child of The King and as such, will be brought out of darkness in to the marvelous light of God.

We need to know who to trust. Friends and family will let us down, and if the truth be told, we will disappoint them also. The only one that we can always be sure of is The Lord. Even though we sin and fall out of fellowship, we never lose our relationship with Him. Once a child of God, always a child of God. Once we confess, repent, and turn from our sins, we will be restored to His good graces. Then He will turn our gloating enemies into our footstools and allow us to move up a little higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment