Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fear Not

Bad things can happen to good people. You can lose your job, develop a serious illness, or a loved one can die. These things, and others like them, can test your faith in God.

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness." Isaiah 41:10

The prophet Isaiah was telling Israel of God's promised help, but as a child of God the promise applies to us also. We are commanded not to be afraid and not to be dismayed or discouraged. Our God promised to strengthen us in our weakness, to help us when we are overwhelmed, and to protect us and lift us up by holding us in His hand.

All we have to do is to trust Him and believe. God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and always present. He is an all-sufficient God and He can help us even in the worst of times and situations.

God can control our enemies and our circumstances. "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalms 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment