Saturday, October 23, 2010

Psalms 51 - A Prayer Of Cleansing

Psalms 51 - David's prayer of cleansing

1"Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy lovingkindness; according unto the multitude of Thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions."

2 "Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin."

3 "For I acknowledge my transgressions; and my sin is ever before me."

4 "Against Thee, Thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Thy sight ..."

7 "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."

8 "Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice."

9 "Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities."

10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

11 "Cast me not away from Thy presence; and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me."

12 "Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free spirit."

14 "Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, Thou God of my salvation; and my tongue shall sing aloud of Thy righteousness."

15 "O Lord, open Thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth Thy praise."

No comments:

Post a Comment