Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lord, Have Mercy

If we are honest with ourselves, most of us will admit that we have messed up a lot trying to do things our way. We need help and forgiveness for our sins.

"Shew me Thy ways, O Lord; teach me Thy paths. Lead me in Thy truth, and teach me;
for Thou art The God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day.

Remember, O Lord, Thy tender mercies and Thy loving-kindnesses;
for they have been ever of old.

Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions;
according to Thy mercy remember Thou me for Thy goodness sake, O Lord." Psalms 25:4-7

We really do not want to be reminded of all of our past sins. We need God's grace and mercy.
Grace, we want God to give us of His goodness that which we don't deserve; and
Mercy, we want Him to withhold the punishment that we do deserve.

That's why like David, we appeal to God's mercy and tender loving-kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment