Tuesday, February 28, 2017

YOU ARE MY STRENGTH MY REFUGE AND MY FORTRESS

Proclamation:
“But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of Your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.  You are my strength, I sing praise to You; You, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.”  Psalm 59:16-17 (NIV)

Explanation:
The words of this psalm were written under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God by King David.  The title of this psalm states that it was written when King Saul had sent messengers to watch David’s house and to kill him when he rose in the morning. (1 Samuel 19:11)  David began this psalm asking The Lord God to deliver him from his enemies who wanted to kill him even though he had not done anything to them. (Psalm 59:1-4)  He knew that he could count on The Lord to be his strength and to protect him. (Psalm 59:9-10 and 16-17)  He was willing to publicly sing praises unto The Lord.

Application:
As believers we know that the little strength that we have comes from The Lord God who has all power. (Matthew 28:18)  We are blessed to receive the mercy of God each morning that we wake up.  It is by His goodness and loving kindness that we were protected from all hurt, harm, and danger while we slept.  Our enemies, known and unknown, were kept away from us.  We should praise and thank Him for allowing us to get a peaceful night’s sleep during these troublesome times.  We should put our faith and trust in Him because He is the only one that we can truly rely and count on in times of trouble. (Psalm 118:8-9)


No comments:

Post a Comment