Friday, February 10, 2017

BLESSED IS THE ONE WHO TRUSTS IN THE LORD

Proclamation:
“I waited patiently for The Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He sat my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear The Lord and put their trust in Him.  Blessed is the one who trusts in The Lord.”  Psalm 40:1-4 (NIV)

Explanation:
These words were written under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God by King David.  Here David is praising The Lord for bringing him out of his troubles.  He may have been referring to the situation which had him so depressed in Psalm 39 that he cried out to The Lord. (Psalm 39:12)  Now he is acknowledging that The Lord heard his cry and lifted him out of his troublesome situation.  He knows that God has blessed him in more ways that he can count. (Psalm 40:5)

Application:
Sometimes it is not easy to consider all of the bad things that happen to us as joyful.  However, as believers we know that difficult situations which test our faith, help us to develop patience. (James 1:2-4)  Our troubles give us an opportunity to demonstrate our trust in The Lord.  After He has saved us from ourselves and our situations we ought to praise Him privately and publicly for blessing us.


No comments:

Post a Comment