Thursday, February 9, 2017

HEAR MY PRAYER AND MY CRY FOR HELP

Proclamation:
“Hear my prayer, Lord, listen to my cry for help; do not be deaf to my weeping.  I dwell with You as a foreigner, a stranger, as all my ancestors were.  Look away from me, that I may enjoy life again before I depart and am no more.”  Psalm 39:12-13 (NIV)

Explanation:
The words of this psalm are a song written by King David under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God.  David began this psalm by saying that he would take heed to his ways and that his walk, behavior, and conduct would follow the ways of Christ and The Word of God. (Psalm 39:1)  He was not going to sin with the words of his mouth and to make sure of that he was not going to speak. (Psalm 39:1-3)  However, he did speak, and when he did, he prayed.

Application:
The Lord God hears the prayers of believers. (Proverbs 15:29)  All of us should pray because all of us are in need of God’s help.  Our situations, our specific troubles, trials, and tribulations, and our individual wants, needs, and desires may differ but we all need God’s help because there are things that we can’t do for, or by, ourselves.  Don’t give up and pray for this life to end.   All things happen for a reason and eventually they work out for our benefit. (Romans 8:28)  Don’t get so depressed by the storms of life that you forget that we are just travelling through this world on our way to our home.  We are foreigners here, we are in this world but not part of it, just as Christ was. (John 8:23 and John 18:36) 


No comments:

Post a Comment