Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How Do You Walk Talk Act And Think?

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." 1 Corinthians 13:11 (NIV)

In his discourse on Christian behavior, the Apostle Paul is encouraging the Christians in Corinth to grow up spiritually, and act like mature Christian adults, and not like selfish uninformed children.

Children have only a very limited understanding of God and the scriptures, and their speech and behavior reflects this. The same is true for babies in Christ. By reading and studying the Bible, mature Christians gain a greater understanding of The Word of God, and our speech and our behavior should reflect this. When we know better, we ought to do better. There will come a time when our partial knowledge of God will be replaced with complete and perfect insight into all things eternal. But until that glorious day comes, let us make sure that our speech and our behavior shows the world a Christ-like individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment