Thursday, May 10, 2012

Having The Complete Joy Of Jesus

"As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Now remain in My love. If you obey My commands, you will remain in My love, just as I have obeyed My Father's commands and remain in His love. I have told you this so that My joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15:9-11 (NIV)

After telling His disciples that He would soon leave them, Jesus comforts them by saying that The Holy Spirit would come and be with them. He also said that if they continue to follow His teachings, that they would experience His joy and that their joy would be complete joy.

Jesus makes it clear that obedience is the basis for experiencing joy. His joy was based upon His obedience to the will of His Father. Our joy is based upon our being obedient to His word. We can have the ultimate and complete joy of Jesus. And this joy, the world can't give it to you, and the world can't take it away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment