Monday, May 21, 2012

God Has A Place For Each Of Us

"Then Moses said, 'Now show me Your glory.' And The Lord said, 'I will cause all My goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim My name, The Lord, in your presence ... But,' He said, 'you cannot see My face, for no one may see Me and live.' Then The Lord said, 'There is a place near Me where you may stand on a rock. When My glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove My hand and you will see My back; but My face must not be seen.' " Exodus 33:18-23 (NIV)

After leading the people out of Egypt, God met with Moses and told him to lead the people to the promised land. Moses asked God to show him His glory. The Lord said "There is a place near Me where you may stand on a rock ... I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you ..." God said that Moses could see His back but not His face, for no one could see His face and live. God had a place for Moses. He protected him and hid him in a rock.

Some times we ask God for things that are not in our best interest and He protects us from our wants. God has a special place for each one of us. If we stand where He puts us, He will protect us. He can cleft a rock for us, hide us, cover us with His hand and protect us. We just need to make sure that we are where God wants us to be. We need to stand near Him so that we may experience the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment