Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wake Up, It's Later Than You Think

I used to see men walking around with signs which said, "Repent, the end is near" or "Wake up, it's later than you think." I wondered how they knew that or if they had some enlightened Word from above. The older I get, the more truth I see in those statements. Then I thought that maybe they were crazy and now I know that I was crazy.

The Bible says, "... it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now is our salvation nearer than when we believe. The night is far spent, the day is at hand ..." Romans 13:11-12

Those of us who are walking around in spiritual apathy, lethargy, non-responsive to God need to wake up. Jesus is coming back sooner that we think. The time of the devil's domination is about over and the day of The Lord is near. We need to wake up, get serious about the things of God, and get busy.

No one knows the exact time of His return. "... Ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." Matthew 24:42 "Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not The Son of Man cometh." Matthew 24:44

We don't want to be left behind when the rapture occurs or hear Him say, "I know you not ... depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity." Luke 13:27

We need to "... put on The Lord Jesus Christ ..." Romans 13:14 We need to wrap ourselves up in Him and like Christ we need to "... work the works of Him ... while it is day; the night cometh when no man can work." Luke 9:4

What did you do for Him yesterday? What have you done for Him lately? We all should ask ourselves these questions. "Wake up, it's later than you think!"

No comments:

Post a Comment