Monday, July 26, 2010

God Really Loves Us

As a child I learned the song, "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so ..." I sang that song then, without a full appreciation for the real meaning behind it.

Now I know that God loves us. God loved us in the past, loves us now, and will love us in the future. "... God commendeth His love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 God proved His love for us by sending His only begotten Son to die for us and our sins, even before we loved Him.

We did not deserve such a love. As bad as things may seem, we are never without God's love, no matter what happens to us or what we do. God never gives up on us, we let Him down and turn our backs on Him.

God really loves us, let us act like we love Him. Let's sing a new song, "I really love the Lord. I REALLY love the Lord. You don't know what He's done for me. He gave me the victory. I love Him. I love Him. I REALLY LOVE THE LORD." Let's sing it and mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment