Saturday, September 1, 2012

Those Who Preach The Gospel Should Live By It

"Even so hath The Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel." 1 Corinthians 9:14 (KJV)

Thus saith the Apostle Paul about the people taking the care of preachers after saying, " For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn . Doth God take care for oxen?"

The Bible Scholars and the Bible commentaries all agree that this verse should be interpreted that those who preach the gospel should make their living by preaching the gospel. However, when I read this verse, I read it as those who preach the gospel should live by the gospel, and I was instantly convicted by The Holy Spirit. This verse has been on my mind for all of last week. Even though all of my research points to the contrary, I still cannot get my reading of it out of my mind. The way that I read it helped me so I decided to share this with the hope that maybe my thoughts might help someone else.




No comments:

Post a Comment