Saturday, September 22, 2012

Be Merciful To Me Heal Me Deliver Me Save Me

"O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger or discipline me in Your wrath.  Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am faint; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are in agony.  My soul is in anguish. How long, O Lord, how long?  Turn, O Lord, and deliver me; save me because of Your unfailing love."  Psalms 6:1-4 (NIV)

While in the mist of an apparently stressful bad situation, David assumed that God was punishing him, and he asked God not to punish him while He was angry with him and to have mercy on him.

Bad things can happen to good people.  Whatever happens to us is all part of God's permissive will because He is in control of everything.  Remember, all things work together for good to them that love God. (Romans 8:28)  The spankings that we got as children were for our good, even though they hurt and we did not enjoy them at the time.  And not all of the bad things that happen to us are punishment, some times they are just tests of our faith.  Remember what happened to Job.  (Job 1 & 2)   Some times they are to remind us that God's grace is sufficient to see us through.  Remember the thorn in Paul's side that he prayed and asked God to remove. (2 Corinthians 12:7-9)  It is always okay to ask God for mercy and help in the midst of a stressful situation.  However, instead of always asking God to remove your mountains, maybe you may want to ask Him for the strength to climb them.

No comments:

Post a Comment