Saturday, February 12, 2011

Unclaimed Blessings

Don't you want all of the blessings that God has in store for you? I have heard it said that blessings that God has in store for us cannot be claimed by anyone else. I have also heard that a number of blessings go "unclaimed" because we do not do that which is necessary to receive them. God blesses us daily, but we could receive even more blessings if we would do a better job of following the word of God.

"Thus saith The Lord, Keep ye judgement, and do justice; for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed. Blessed is the man that doeth this ... that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil." Isaiah 56:1-2

Keeping the Sabbath is more than doing the right thing on Sunday. It implies a commitment to a lifestyle of devotion to The Lord and a practical reorganization of every day of the week around Him. We need to be more Christ-like every day. Some blessings we receive just because God is so good and gracious. Some blessings are conditional, we must do something to receive them.

I know that I have missed out on some blessings in the past, but I want to receive as many of the conditional blessings as I can in the future. Don't you want all of the blessings that God has in store for you? If you do, then act like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment