Monday, February 21, 2011

Are We Doing All That We Can To Serve The Lord?

I heard a great sermon preached yesterday. It brought to mind the question, Are we doing all that The Lord wants us to do?

"In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also The Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple ... Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the mist of a people of unclean lips; for mine eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts ... thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged. Also I heard the voice of The Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will for for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me." Isaiah 6:1-8

There were things in Isaiah's life that got in the way of his seeing The Lord. When he saw The Lord in a vision he recognized that he was unworthy. An angle of The Lord touched his lips and took away his sin. Then he could hear the voice of The Lord and was willing to serve Him.

Likewise, there are things in our life which prevent us from being of service to The Lord or prevent us from doing the best that we can for The Lord. We know who He is, but our desire for sinful pleasures prevent us from hearing or obeying His word. We need to be "purged" of our sin and iniquity so that we can hear His voice and be better used in His service.

Are we doing all that we can to serve The Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment