Tuesday, June 6, 2017

PLEASE KEEP ME FROM MY DECEITFUL WAYS

Proclamation:
“Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me and teach me Your law.  I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on Your laws.”  Psalm 119:29-30 (NIV)

Explanation:
These words were written by King David under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God.  This is the fourth part, Daleth, of this twenty-two part psalm.  David is continuing his conversation with The Lord God and here requests that The Lord God keep him from his deceitful ways.  David has made a commitment to walk God’s way and he knows that he will need God’s help in order to do that.

Application:
We may read The Word of God on our own but we need His help in order to understand what we read. (Psalm 119:27)  If we truly want to walk God’s way, we will need to pray and ask Him for His help.  The more that we try to do things God’s way, the more we can expect to be attacked and tempted.  We need His strength so that we don’t grow weary. (Psalm 119:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment