Saturday, February 1, 2014

Salvation Cannot Be Lost

"My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand.  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand.  I and The Father are one."  John 10:27-30 (NIV)

The Apostle John recorded these words of Jesus as He spoke to the Jews who had gathered around Him in the temple in Jerusalem.   Jesus said that His followers know His voice.  He said that once a believer is in His hand, and in His Father's hand, no one can take them out of His hand. (Romans 8:38-39) 
 He also said that He and His Father are one and the same.

This is an affirmation of the saying "once saved, always saved."  A true believer is saved and cannot be lost. (John 6:37 and 17:11) 
 We may fall out of fellowship with God by our sinful back-sliding behavior, but we never fall out of the relationship with Him.  Just as our behavior may get us in trouble with our earthly parents, but we still remain their children.  As true believers we have a similar situation with our Heavenly Father.  Our salvation, once it is given to us, (Ephesians 2:8-9), is secure and no one, thing, or power, can alter that. (John 10:1, 10:8, 10:12, and 10:29)  



No comments:

Post a Comment