Wednesday, April 25, 2012

You Are My Help And My Deliverer

"Hasten, O God, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me ... may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace ... But may all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; may those who love Your salvation always say, 'Let God be exalted!' Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay." Psalms 70:1-5 (NIV)

David knew that there were those who would do him harm, if they could. He knew that he would need God's help to survive. He prayed that God would stop his enemies and protect him from them. And he also prayed that God would bless His fellow believers. He recognized that no matter what he had, that he was still poor and needy in God's sight, and that in his current situation, he needed God's help and deliverance. David wanted deliverance for himself and retribution for his enemies.

We need to recognize that whatever situation we find ourselves in, we need God's help. Some people think that when things are going good that they can handle it. But we need His help in good times and bad times, when we are up and when we are down. We need protection from all hurt, harm, and danger, seen and unseen. He is our help and our deliverer in every situation. When we pray, we should tell Him that, and thank Him for being so.

No comments:

Post a Comment