Friday, April 6, 2012

Praise And Prayer During Trials

"Do not withhold Your mercy from me, O Lord; may Your love and Your truth always protect me. For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me. Be pleased, O Lord, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me." Psalms 40:11-13 (NIV)

David was quick to praise The Lord and to pray. He praised The Lord when things were going well and he prayed whenever he was in trouble. He confessed his many sins and asked for God's forgiveness and His help.

We could learn a lot from David. For even though he committed many sins, he acknowledged them and asked for forgiveness. He never broke his communication with God and he was aware of his relationship to God. That is probably why he is often referred to as "a man after God's own heart." We would do well to imitate that part of David's behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment