Friday, April 13, 2012

Lead Me O Lord In Your Way

"In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation ... Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of my enemies, make straight Your way before me ... But let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over them, that those who love Your name may rejoice in You. For surely, O Lord, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favor as with a shield." Psalm 5:3-12 (NIV)

Here David prays that God will help him and harm his enemies. He not only prays for God's intervention in his life, but he asks for God's guidance and direction. Then he very unselfishly asks that God protect all who love Him.

David was not perfect, like us he committed a number of sins, but he was always straight forward and honest with God. When he messed up, he confessed it, and asked for forgiveness. We should not expect God to overlook our sins and punish others for their sins. We need to pray that God will make His way clear to us, and that He will give us the strength and faith to follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment