Wednesday, August 13, 2014

God's Grace Is Sufficient During Our Weakneses

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.'  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."  2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)

In one of his letters to the believers in Corinth, the Apostle Paul told them that he was given a "thorn" in his flesh to weaken him and to keep him from becoming conceited. (2 Corinthians 12:7)  He said that three times he asked God to remove the thorn and God told him: "My grace is sufficient..."  God told Paul that His power is made "perfect" in his weakness. 

"That which can't be cured, must be endured." (author unknown)  We need God's help to change our attitude regarding the difficulties which we face that we have no control over.  Some of the difficulties that we experience in life today are things which we ourselves cannot handle, but by God's grace and strength, He allows us to endure them.  Situations of human weakness are platforms for demonstrating God's power and strength. (2 Corinthians 12:10)  With God's help, we can turn our difficulties from negative situations into positive examples of what can be done through the grace of God.  


No comments:

Post a Comment