Monday, August 18, 2014

Acknowledge Confess And Ask To Be Forgiven

"Then I acknowledged my sin to You and did not cover up my iniquity.  I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to The LORD', and You forgave the guilt of my sin."  Psalms 32:5 (NIV)

In this verse King David told the people of God that he acknowledged his sin to The Lord.  He also said that he confessed his transgressions to The Lord, and The Lord forgave him.

All of us have sinned. (Romans 3:23)  Therefore, all of us born again believers need to do as David did here, we need to acknowledge our sins, confess them to The Lord, and ask to be forgiven.  The Word of God says that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us of our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)


No comments:

Post a Comment