Tuesday, June 18, 2013

In The Lord We Have Hope

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall.  I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.  Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:  Because of The LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail."  Lamentations 3:19-22 (NIV)

The prophet Jeremiah said that when he remembers all of the bad times that he had been through, and all of his suffering, then he remembers that it was because of the love of God and His compassion that he made it through, and that gives him hope.for the future.

The storms of life can weigh us down, they can even knock us down, but because we are believers they can't keep us down.  We know that trouble won't last always. (1 Peter 1:6)   Weeping may endure for a night, but we know that joy will come in the morning. (Psalms 30:5)  Knowing this can keep us from staying is a state of depression and despair.  The Lord gives us  
strength for today and hope for tomorrow.  It is in Him that we hope. (Psalm 38:15)  



No comments:

Post a Comment