Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Prayer For My Christian Friends

To all of my friends, "Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well." 3 John 1:2 (NIV)

The Apostle John here was praying for his friend Gaius. Not much is known about Gaius, but he is obviously a very good Christian because John prayed that his physical health and his life may go as well as his soul and spiritual life is going.

So, to those of my friends who believe, and are saved, and are walking with Christ, I pray this prayer. May you enjoy good health, a good long and happy life, and may your life and physical health match your spiritual health and life. And, to those of my friends who are not saved, may something be said, written, read, prayed, preached, or sung to you that The Holy Spirit can use to convict, convince, and convert you so that you too will believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment