Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Confess Sins Or Continue To Feel Guilty

"When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to You and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to The Lord' and You forgave the guilt of my sin." Psalms 32:3-5 (NIV)

David reports that when he sinned and did not confess it, he was miserable afterwards. Only after acknowledged his sin and confessed them to God was he able to feel better and be guilt free.

We all have sinned, and we will continue to sin as long as we continue this human existence. However, as believers we will not enjoy our sin as we used to before we were saved. We will feel bad and guilt ridden after we sin. Our sins will take a physical and emotional toll on us. We need to acknowledge our sins, confess them to God, and ask for His help so that we do not continue to commit the same sin over and over again. When we pray and confess our sins, we should be specific and name the sins that we are asking Him to forgive. Listing our sins may help us to realize just how much we need His help in order to be Christ-like. Let us not lose the joy of our salvation because we won't acknowledge and confess our sins. (Psalms 51:1-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment