Wednesday, November 10, 2010

We Need God's Help

"Teach me, O Lord, the way of Thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

Make me to go in the path of Thy commandments; for therein do I delight. Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.

Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; quicken Thou me in Thy way. Stablish Thy word unto Thy servant, who is devoted to Thy fear.

Turn away my reproach which I fear; for Thy judgments are good. Behold, I have longed after Thy precepts; quicken me in Thy righteousness." Psalms 119:33-40

While the author of this Psalm is unknown, the intent is quite clear. He, and we, need God's help to understand His word, law, statutes, & commandments, and we need His help to keep them. We need God's help to walk the right path, to desire the right things, and to turn away from the sinful things.

We need God's help to keep His word continuously in our mind and to keep us focused on His righteousness. We have to want His help and we have to ask for it if we are to receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment