Thursday, November 18, 2010

God's Grace Is Sufficient

No matter what it is that we are going through, or dealing with, God's grace is sufficient to to get it us through it.

The Apostle Paul said, "... there was given to me a thorn in the flesh ... I besought The Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. Hand He said unto me, 'My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:7-9

The Lord can demonstrate His strength when we are weak and have faith and turn it over to Him, whatever it is.

The Lord does not have to remove the mountain that is in front of you, He can give you the strength to climb over it.

Paul also said that the thorn was placed in his flesh "... lest I should be exalted above measure." We can think too highly of ourselves and our abilities and not give God the proper credit for what He did through us. The "thorns in the flesh" can help to keep us grounded and focused upon The Lord. The "thorns" of life can humble us.

No comments:

Post a Comment