Saturday, September 3, 2016

PUT YOUR TRUST IN THE LORD

Proclamation:
“In You, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in Your righteousness.”  Psalm 31:1 (NIV)
Explanation:
This psalm of King David was written under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God.  It was written to the people of God to encourage them to love The Lord, keep the faith, be strong, and be of good courage. (Psalm 31:23-24)  David’s prayer life and his faith walk went hand in hand. (Psalm 31:5)  He was in trouble and he was distressed. (Psalm 31:9-10)  However, instead of giving in and giving up, he put his trust in The Lord. (Psalm 31:14-16)
Application:
It would be good for all believers to read Psalm 31 when things are not going well in our lives.  “In Thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed; deliver me in Thy righteousness.” (Psalm 31:1 KJV)  “… Come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge … deliver me, Lord, my faithful God … I will be glad and rejoice in Your love … Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am in distress … I have become like broken pottery … But I trust in You, Lord … Let Your face shine on Your servant; save me with Your unfailing love … How abundant are the good things that You have stored up for those who fear You … Praise be to The Lord, for He showed me the wonders of His love …”  (Psalm 31:1-24 shortened)  As I have said on more than one occasion, sometimes we just need to pray like David prayed.



No comments:

Post a Comment