Sunday, April 17, 2016

WE ARE IN GOD'S HANDS

Proclamation:
"My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of My hand.  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of My Father's hand.  I and The Father are one." John 10:27-30 (NIV)

Explanation:
These are the words of Jesus, The Christ, as He answered the Jews who had gathered around Him in the temple courtyard when they asked Him if He was The Messiah.   Jesus told them that they did not believe Him because they were not His followers. (John 10:25-26)  After He said that He and God, The Father, were one, they picked up stones in order to stone Him for claiming to be God.

Application:
There is safety for us by being in God and having God in us.  We may feel the ill wind as it blows past us, but we still have God's protection constantly.  Once we are in the hand of God we are protected and no one can take us out of His hand.  No matter what is happening in our life, once we are in God's hand, no real harm can come to us.  God’s permissive will may allow for us to be tested by the devil but no real harm will happen.  "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)  So when the storms of life are raging, don't worry, God's got us.



No comments:

Post a Comment