Tuesday, April 5, 2016

GOD IS

Proclamation:
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble." Psalms 46:1 (NIV)

Explanation:
This psalm is a psalm of the sons of Korah.  It is a song which proclaims some of the attributes of God, His abilities, and His power over nature.  He is all powerful (omnipotent, Matthew 19:26), all knowing (omniscient, Ephesians 3:10), and is everywhere at the same time. (omni-present, Jeremiah 23:24)  God can do for us things which we cannot do on our own or for ourselves. (Genesis 18:14) 

Application:
When we are in trouble and need help, it is God who helps us, protects us, and gives us the strength that we need to go on and continue.  We are secure during the storms of life because God is our mighty fortress.  The song “God Is” says, "God is my protection ... God is my guide and direction ... God is my joy in the time of sorrow … God is my hope for today and all my tomorrows … God is my all in all.  God is the joy and the strength of my life; He moves all pain, misery, and strife.  He promised to keep me, never to leave me.  He’s never ever come short of His word … I want to go with Him when He comes back, I’ve come too far and I’ll never turn back.  God is … God is… God is my all in all.”  He is our every thing and He is all that we need.




No comments:

Post a Comment