Saturday, January 16, 2016

GOD REALLY LOVES US

Proclamation:
“But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: ‘While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.’” Romans 5:8

Explanation:
In his letter to the believers in Rome, the Apostle Paul tied to encourage them and give them hope.  He told them that God’s love had been poured out onto them through The Holy Spirit which was given to them (Romans 5:5) and was within them. (Ezekiel 36:27)  Then he told them that God proved that He love them by sending His only son to die in their place for their sins.

Application:
As a child I learned the song, "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so ..." I sang that song as a child without an appreciation for the real meaning behind it.  Now I know that God loves us.  God loved us in the past, loves us now, and will love us in the future.  God proved His love for us, while we were still lost in sin, He sent His only begotten Son to die for us (John 3:16 and Romans 5:8) even before we loved Him.  Most of us would not sacrifice our child to save someone else, even if that someone was a good person.  We definitely would not do it for a bad or evil person, especially one who does not even love us. (Romans 5:7)  That is what God did for us.  We did not deserve such a love.  As bad and as sinful as we are, we are never without God's love and He is always with us. (Matthew 28:20)  No matter what happens to us or what we do. God never gives up on us and He will never leave us or forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5)  God really loves us, let us love Him and let us act like we love Him.  I can now sing a new song, "I really love The Lord.  I REALLY love The Lord.  You don't know what He's done for me.  He gave me the victory.  I love Him. I LOVE Him.  I REALLY LOVE THE LORD."  Let's all sing it and mean it.


No comments:

Post a Comment