Tuesday, January 26, 2016

GOD HAS PLANS FOR YOU TO PROSPER

Proclamation:
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares The Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)

Explanation:
These words are from the text of the letter that the prophet Jeremiah sent from Jerusalem to the surviving elders among the exiles, to the priests, to the prophets and to all the other people that King Nebuchadnezzar had carried off into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon.

Application:
These words can also be applied to us today.  The believers of today are suffering.  We may not have been taken into captivity but we are suffering.  God is aware of our current situations, trials, and troubles.  He knows that our problems are only temporary and that joy and happiness will be ours soon. (Psalm 30:5)  God knows all and He knows what plans He has each one of us.  He knows why we are going through the storms in our lives.  These storms will pass and their dark clouds will reveal a silver lining followed by a beautiful rainbow.  His plans are for us to prosper and to have a better future.  Soon we will be much better off.  No man has seen the wondrous things which God has in store for us. (1 Corinthians 2:9-10)  So, keep the faith, keep your hope in The Lord, things will get better and "we will understand it better by and by".



No comments:

Post a Comment