Saturday, March 16, 2013

His Name Is "I AM"

"God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.  This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.' "  Exodus 3:14 (NIV)

In the record of Moses of his encounter with The Lord at the burning bush, Moses wanted to know what name should he say is the name of The God of their fathers who sent him unto them.  God's reply to him was tell them "I AM" has sent him.

God referred to Himself as "I AM" at least eighteen times in the book of Exodus, but none of them is more emphatic than here in verse fourteen of chapter three.  God said to Moses, "This is My name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation."  (Exodus 3:15)  The name of God is powerful.  When Jesus, The Christ, said "I AM" in the garden at Gethsemane, the solders who had come to arrest him all fell down backwards.  (John 18:6)  Grown men were knocked off of their feet and onto their backsides when Jesus said, "I AM".  That, in and of itself, should be enough to prove that there is power in His name.  No other person and not other name could do that.  All praises to His holy, righteous, and powerful name.  


No comments:

Post a Comment