Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Our Words Thoughts And Hidden Sins

"Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalms 19:12-14 (NIV)

Some people feel that if their good deeds outweigh their bad deeds, then they are okay with God. The problem with that thinking is we do not really know what is good or bad from God's perspective. We think that some things are neutral, neither good or bad. The Bible says that all unrighteousness is sin. We commit sins that we are unaware of, in addition to those that we commit knowingly.

Therefore we should ask God for forgiveness of all of the sins we committed consciously and unconsciously, as well as sins of omission in addition to sins of commission. We should pray for God's help to guide our words and our thoughts, as well as our actions, that they may please Him. We need His help to keep our sinful nature from having rule over us and to keep us from hidden sins and willful sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment