Monday, July 27, 2020

PROTECTION AMID DISASTER


PROCLAMATION
“… For I will bring disaster on all people, declares The Lord, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.”  Jeremiah 45:5 (NIV)

EXPLANATION
These are the words of The Lord God which were spoken to the prophet Jeremiah and which he told to Baruch son of Neriah, who wrote the words that Jeremiah dictated to him which he later read to the people of Judah.  “The Lord, The God of Israel, says to you, Baruch: You said, ‘Woe is me’ for The Lord has added grief to my sorrow. (Jeremiah 45:1-3)  But The Lord has told me to say to you: “I will overthrow what I have built and uproot what I have planted … but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.” (Jeremiah 45:2-5)

APPLICATION
When we obey The Word of God and do what He says for us to do, He will protect us, preserve us, and provide for us.  It does not matter what is happening around us.  If we focus on Him and not on the stormy chaos around us, then He will place a hedge of protection around us and keep us safe through the storm.  He will protect us from dangers seen and unseen.  There are many benefits and blessings that go along with being obedient to His Word.  So, let us obey God’s Holy Word and live.


No comments:

Post a Comment