Monday, May 29, 2017

THE LORD OUR GOD IS FULL OF COMPASSION

Proclamation:
“I love The Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy.  Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live.”  Psalm 116:1-2 (NIV)

Explanation:
The name of the human author of this psalm is unknown, however, it is clear that it was written under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God.  This is another one of the “Hallelujah psalms” (Psalms 112 through 118) which was sung during the feasts celebrated by the children of Israel.  The psalmist begins by stating that he loves The Lord and then he goes on to present several reasons for doing so. (Psalm 116:1-9)  He follows that with several things which he will do because of his love for The Lord. (Psalm 116:13-19)

Application:
There are many reasons why we as believers should love The Lord, our God.  The fact that He hears and answers our prayers is important to each of us but it may not be the most important reason that we have for loving Him.  I love Him because He loved me when I was unlovable, lost in sin, before I loved Him.  He loved me before I even knew myself and before I loved me. (Psalm 139:13-16)  He loved me enough to send His only Son to die in my place so that my soul could be saved from paying the price for my sins. (John 3:16)  He loves me so that He has blessed me with life, delivered me from death, and allowed me to live to see one more day. (Psalm 116:8)  I am thankful that He heard my prayers, and for all of the many blessing which He has bestowed upon me.  The Lord our God has blessed each one of us and He has shown His compassion towards us.  We should all love Him, thank Him, and praise Him every day of our lives for as long as we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment