Friday, March 3, 2017

TRUST IN THE LORD GOD AT ALL TIMES

Proclamation:
“My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty Rock, my refuge.  Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.”  Psalm 62:7-8 (NIV)

Explanation:
The words of this psalm were written under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God by King David.  This psalm is a song which was intended to be sung during worship services.  The second verse is a stanza, or refrain, that is repeated, verbatim, in the middle of the song. (Psalm 62:6)  “Truly He is my Rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”  David wanted everyone to know that The Rock upon which the church is built is The Rock that provides his safety, shelter, and salvation.  All of the accolades that he received are due to his being blessed by the righteousness and grace of God.  Here he encouraged the people of God to confess and present the desires of their heart, their cares and concerns, and all of their problems to The Lord for He is also their safe haven.

Application:
As believers we are to trust in The Lord God.  We can tell Him everything that is on our mind, things that are troubling us, and all of our wants, wishes, and desires. (Philippians 4:6)  We know that He hears us and He knows our heart. (Luke 5:22)  He knows what we need. (Matthew 6:8)  We are also to wait patiently for Him and expect that He will keep His word. (Psalm 27:14, Psalm 37:34, Psalm 62:1 and 5)  That which He has promised to us, we will receive. (Psalm 62:12) 


No comments:

Post a Comment